If convoys are formed in İSOFF events, all participants must follow the convoy rules expressed below.
- Convoy has a leader and trip guide selected by the organisation. Both the leader and the guide can be the same individual. All participants must follow the instructions of the leader. The leader leads the convoy to move forward, keep the order and to reach the destination. Convoy leader will collectively inform all participants and collected the signed participation undertaking document before starting the journey.
- Convoy ranks must be kept at all times except special occasions or unless changed by the leader. None of the vehicles can leave the convoy without informing the vehicle in front of it, behind it and the leader. Vehicles cannot act to compromise the convoy order and safety. The vehicle and driver who does not follow the convoy rules or endanger the entire convoy might be removed, relocated or warned by the leader.
- Before starting the trip, the leader checks and ranks the vehicles based on vehicle properties (radio set, crane, vehicle speed and experience of the driver). Vehicles that do not match with the pre-announced star classes are excluded from the convoy.
- In a convoy with at least two radio set vehicles, the vehicles with the radio set are placed in the front and at the back of the convoy. Other vehicles are placed between them. Radio sets are always positioned at the best hearing location. The distance between the vehicles must not exceed radio set distance. If hand radio sets will be used, the spare battery must be taken for these radio sets. Radio sets must be tested before the convoy starts the journey.
- All vehicles participating in the convoy must be complete and had all the maintenance. Since neglected vehicles with incomplete hardware will harm the entire convoy, you must remember that you are the only responsible party in this sense.
- Slow vehicles might be positioned in the front to set and preserve the natural convoy speed.
- Placing drivers with mechanical knowledge at the back of the convoy will ensure fast and easy intervention in case of any problem. In case of a problem during driving, convoy leader might decide to wait, convoy to move forward except the broken vehicle or to divide the convoy.
- Each vehicle in the convoy is responsible for the vehicle behind it. When the distance between the vehicles gets wider, each vehicle will wait for the vehicle behind it at the junction or fork. It is not enough for you to see the vehicle behind you, you must be sure that the vehicle is seeing you as well. Drivers will move after making sure that the previous vehicle passed safely under land conditions and barrier passes and move forward after checking the conditions of the vehicle behind them.
- Every vehicle in the convoy must follow the traffic rules in roads open to traffic. On single-lane roads, permission to pass should be given to vehicles outside the convoy and necessary distance should be given without losing radio set transmission distance.
- Drinking and driving are not permitted under no circumstances.
- Drivers and passengers must wear seatbelts.
- All vehicles will turn their dipped beam on even during day trips.
- Participants are liable to inform if they are unable to be at the meeting place on the pre-arranged time. Convoy will leave at the announced time.
All of these rules are set to protect the life of participants and to make the trip problem-free and enjoyable for everyone. Maximum attention is extremely important to protect you and the entire convoy… Have a nice trip.